Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Engineering
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia Engineering, ECE is a result of the combination of Electronics Engineering and Microelectronics & Computer Engineering departments, which were merged in November 2012 as part of the restructuring of faculty of Electrical Engineering.
There are more than 50 academic staff in the department. Members of the department are involved in teaching and research activities within the nanotechnology, microelectronics, industrial electronics, medical electronics, digital signal processing, digital system design and computer network areas.
The department oversees the undergraduate program Bachelor of Engineering (Electrical – Electronics), known as SKEL. At postgraduate level, the department is associated with the Master of Engineering (Computer and Microelectronics System) program, known as MKEH.
The faculty has grown to become one of the centers of academician and electrical engineering experts in Malaysia with 182 academic staff whom are involved in teaching and academic research, and 74 non-academic staff.
The faculty has strengths in established area of instrumentation and control engineering, electrical power engineering and energy conversion, telecommunication engineering, electronic engineering and computer engineering. These research and development activities have contributed specifically to UTM and indirectly, have helped in improving Malaysia’s position as an industrial country.
The Faculty of Electrical Engineering in UTM is committed to be a world-class center of excellence and a leader in teaching and learning within the field of electrical engineering.
- To provide world-class program in teaching and learning within the field of Electrical Engineering.
- To develop technology and technologists in the field of Electrical Engineering possessing high values and morals; and
- To spearhead technology knowledge in the eld of Electrical engineering.
- To produce professionals who are responsible to their Creator and the society.
- To produce professionals who are very well trained, skilled, and ef cient through theestablishment of excellent academic programs.
- To establish good university – industry relationship.
- To develop and establish high quality academic and support personnel.
- To create an excellent environment for consultancy, research and development activities.