Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM) Scholarship 2018
The USM Fellowship Scheme is a prestigious postgraduate funding programme awarded by the University to outstanding postgraduates who have passions in research and demonstrate leadership qualities. This Fellowship is offered to full-time academically outstanding local and international research mode candidates on a yearly basis. Under the tutelage of their supervisors, USM Fellowship recipients are trained in academic writing and publishing to enable them to become effective researchers.
The USM Fellowship covers tuition and thesis examination fees. A monthly stipend is also provided.The amount varies from year to year as displayed in the following table.
Master candidates may be funded for a maximum of two years while PhD candidates, up to three years.
The cost of other fees, and expenses like traveling, personal bond, health insurance, visa, are not included and are borne by the candidate themselves. Applicants are encouraged to obtain fundings from other sources to pay for these items.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
The USM Fellowship is open to current postgraduate students of Universiti Sains Malaysia.
• Applicants pursuing Masters degree:
1) Must be in their first 2 semesters of their candidature.
2) Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA>3.25 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
• Applicants pursuing Doctoral degree:
1) Must be in their first 4 semesters of their candidature.
2) Must have a Bachelor’s Degree with a CGPA>3.25 or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government
a Master’s Degree by coursework/mixed mode with CGPA>3.25 or a Master’s Degree by research mode with at least one (1) article published in a peer-reviewed journals or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
For further enquiries, please contact us:-
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION MALAYSIA
LEVEL 2, NO 2, TOWER 2
JALAN P5/6, PRECINT 5
FEDERAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATIVE CENTRE
Phone : +603 8870 6000