Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris
Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris, Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (UPSI) established on 1st May 1997 under Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (Perbadanan) Perintah 1997 and Universiti Pendidikan Sultan Idris (Kampus) Perintah 1997 through Warta Kerajaan P.U (A) 132 & 133 dated 24th February 1997.
UPSI so committed to bring changes in education through knowledge spread through teaching and learning, research, publication, negotiation and community service in excellent human capital development context in country and at the international level.
To be a prestigious university providing exceptional leadership in education, based on the advantage of broad experience and high level of competency in meeting global changes.
To generate and foster knowledge through teaching, research, publication, consultancy and community services to achieve the vision of the nation.
“Committed To Making A Difference In Education”
The University’s unshakable determination and dedication is in line with its vision and mission. The University is committed to:
- emphasis on the purity of intelligence and integrity in all activities as an effort to effectively generate, expand and refine knowledge ;
- strive in providing continuous contributions in elevating and enriching knowledge particularly through the extensive use of the Malay language in various of fields ;
- disseminate and share knowledge through scholastic endeavours that includes information network, education, publication and collaboration with local and foreign partners ;
- develop individuals who are knowledgeable, charismatic, talented, honourable and patriotic ;
- be the initiator of its community in increasing their awareness about the importance of rendering services to the society and country. It also shoulders the responsibility of cultivating the spirit of patriotism and nationalism among the community which is pertinent in developing our country and promote world peace.
Firstly, the function of a university is not only to manage training programmes, but most importantly is to undertake an educational process towards the development and enforcement of civilization, either explicitly or implicitly ;
Secondly, Universiti Pendididkan Sultan Idris (UPSI) is and extension to a continuum of a tradition of teacher education that is almost as old as nine decades with its own excellence and being the exceptional ;
As UPSI recognizes its strength throughout its national history in term of its contributions for about a century, UPSI must also realize the fact that it must still live on in the midst of rapid change.
To accomplish its main purpose of producing quality graduates capable of fullfilling the nation’s need for competent human resource, UPSI is committed to develop the students’ potential and staff’s expertise so that they will embrace the following qualities:
- Firstly, to have undoubted confidence and faith, awareness of the purity of wisdom and knowledge, wise and sincere, humane and noble ;
- Secondly, to be patriotic, nationalistic, liberal as well as highly knowledgeable in culture, religion and global issues.
The University’s ultimate aim is mould its community especially its students to be well-balanced individuals in the aspects of physical, emotional, spiritual and intelligence. The University endevours to create individuals who are able to play their roles and be responsible to their society, country and the world.
UPSI recognises the importance of PIETY, WISDOM, CULTURE, CIVILISATION, HUMANITY, SOCIETY, and NATIONALISM in the pursuit of its goals. To ensure EXCELLENCE, the University expects strict adherence to honesty and integrity in all aspects of its activities.