Universiti Malaya (UM) Scholarship 2018
Scholarships & Loans Unit
The Scholarships & Loans Unit administers issues regarding the welfare and finances of students in obtaining loans/scholarships or other assistance so that students are able to continue their studies despite economic burdens. The unit also aids students in dealing with documents regarding loans/sponsorships or aid in ensuring the process in completing related dealings is carried out with more ease and completeness.
In emergency issues and in seeking to lighten the burden carried by students as best as possible, the unit administers students’ welfares. The Scholarships & Loans Unit is responsible for managing financial dealings that cover scholarships, loans, financial aid and student welfare and is offered by government, private, statutory body agencies to all current fulltime students of the University.
One of the government’s most issued loans is the PTPTN loan, which allows Malaysian students from all walks of life to fund their education.
PTPTN Loan Requirements
According to the Perbadanan Tabung Pendidikan Tinggi Nasional (PTPTN) education loan scheme, all students who qualify to be considered for PTPTN education loan must satisfy the following:
- Malaysian citizenship;
- Pass the Malaysian Education Certificate (SPM) with at least three (3) credits;
- Applicants must have registered and is a fulltime student in his/her Diploma or Degree Program;
- No other sponsor received;
- If an applicant has previously obtained a PTPTN loan but failed or terminated his/her studies, the applicant can only proceed with his/her second application when he/she has fully settled his/her previous debt.
- The government agency also provides financial aid such as scholarships via JPA, KPM and also the State Government.