Taylors University Law
Taylors University Law.Below is Taylors University Law
- Field of Study: Law
- Specialization: LLB
- Level: Degree
- Conducted Entirely in Msia/Transfer: Fully Conducted in Malaysia
- Intake: March, August,
- Entry Requirement:
* A-Levels: Min CC / BD / AE
* South Australian Matriculation (SAM): Min ATAR 70
* Canadian Pre-University (CPU): Min 65% (in 6 subjects)**
* International Baccalaureate (IB): 24pts in 6 subjects and at least 4pts for 3 higher level subjects**
* International students with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis* Pass STPM B-B- / Min CGPA 2.67 (including Pass in Pengajian Am)* UEC 5Bs, Max 20 points (6 best subjects)* Taylor’s Foundation / Diploma min CGPA 2.67****Currently not recognised by Legal Profession Qualifying Board, Malaysia for purposes of the CLP examinations.Note:• Transfer to a UK university on the 1+2 / 2+1 route will be subject to separate academic and English requirements imposed by the UK partner University
- English Requirements:
* IELTS: Overall Band 6.0* TOEFL: Internet Based Test – 79 (20 in Writing)
* A-Levels (English/English Literature): Min Grade C
* South Australian Matriculation (SAM) English as a second Language: Grade B
* Canadian Pre-University (CPU) English 4U: Min Grade C* UEC English Grade B4* MUET Band 5* O-Level / 1119 (GCE-O) Grade C
* International students with other equivalent qualifications will be considered on a case-by-case basis
* Taylor’s University has been ranked #179 in the 2016 QS University Rankings Asia
2015 TAYLOR’S UNIVERSITY AWARDS
* Top 250 universities in QS University Rankings Asia
* Awarded the Gold award in the “Education & Learning” category in the Putra Brand Awards for the sixth time
* Awarded the Reader’s Digest Trusted Brand Gold Award in the Private University/College Category for the fifth time
* Became the first university university outside the United States to be accepted into the Grand Challenges Scholar Program, championed by National Academy of Engineering (NAE)
* Please refer to fee guide attached for fee breakdown and intake schedule.
|Exam Body||Internal Postgraduate Degree, Malaysia|
|Course Duration||1.5 Yrs|
|Part Time/Full Time||Full Time/Part Time|
|Fees (International Student)||USD 18545/Course|
|Faculty||Taylor’s Law School|
|Conducted entirely in Malaysia||Yes|
|Level of Study||Masters Degree Level|
|Field of Study||Law|
|Mode of Study||By Coursework|
|Course Description||Achieving an LLM can help you develop your career in a number of ways. If you are a practising lawyer or barrister, it can help you develop sought-after, in-depth, specialist knowledge in your current area which will set you apart from others in your field. Alternatively, it could help you change the direction or emphasis of your career if you choose to specialise in aspects of the law which are new to you. Finally, it could help you broaden the scope of your current role; for example, if you are in a generalist management role, it could allow you to take on legally-related aspects.
The following specialise areas are now open to you:
Healthcare and Medical Law
KPT/JPS (N/380/7/0013) (MQA/FA0546) 02/17
This programme will prepare experienced professionals to influence the development of legal and ethical issues in healthcare. Graduates will have a thorough grasp of legal issues arising from the provision of health care services, impact of new technologies on healthcare and regulation of the health professions.
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
To receive the LLM in this area of specialisation, students must complete the following modules.
|Curriculum||LLM (18 Months) – 40 Credits
|Entry Requirements||LLB with Honours or equivalent with CGPA 3.00 or 2.75 (subject to interview) or 2.50 with three (3) years of working experience in related field|
|Intake Months||March, June, September, November|
MASTER OF LAWS (INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS AND TRADE LAW)
An LLM can help broaden your horizons and develop your career in many ways. For a practising lawyer or barrister, this Master of Laws in International Business and Trade Law helps you stand out in your field with in-depth specialist knowledge that is sought after by many. Our master’s programme will likely help change the direction of your career or expand your job scope. Completing our postgraduate programme will allow you to take on legally-related functions in your current role.
The following specialise areas are now open to you:
This programme will equip our graduate students with an advanced and profound understanding of the impact of international law and institutions like the World Trade Organisation (WTO), as well as the legal rules regulating business activities globally. By completing this programme at Taylor’s University, graduates will be fully prepared and able to meet the challenges faced by current and aspiring middle to senior managers as well as legal practitioners.
- Lawyers in private or in-house practice.
- Business owners looking to better understand the legal workings of international businesses, commercial transactions and trade law.
- Fresh graduates who want to equip themselves with in-depth knowledge and expertise in international business and trade law matters to secure competitive jobs in these fields.
To receive the LLM in International Business and Trade Law, students must complete the following modules.
- International Business Law
- International Dispute Resolution
- International Sale of Goods Law
- Public International Law
- The Law of the WTO
- Research Methods 1&2
- Dissertation (20,000 words)
- Research Methods