B.Juris Universiti Malaya
B.Juris Universiti Malaya, The B.Juris (External) degree is an academic degree and does not include the teaching of procedural subjects or undergoing any practical exercises. This degree is recognized by ‘Jabatan Perkhidmatan Awam’ and the Qualifying Board as enabling the degree holder to sit for the Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP) examination.
Bachelor of Jurisprudence (External)
The Bachelor of Jurisprudence (External) [B.Juris (External)] programme is a self-study programme and is limited to Malaysian citizens or permanent residents in Malaysia. The B.Juris (External) degree is an academic degree and does not include the teaching of procedural or practical subjects. This degree is recognized by the Public Services Department and the Qualifying Board as enabling the degree holder to sit for the Certificate of Legal Practice (CLP) examination. Candidates who wish to enter the legal profession must take note of this aspect, and are advised to contact the Director of the Certificate in Legal Practice Examinations, at Unit 3-01, 3rd Floor, Straits Trading Building, No. 2 Jalan Lebuh Pasar Besar, 50050 Kuala Lumpur.
This programme is offered once a year.
- Legal Assistant
- Law Teacher
- Law Historian
- Legal Administrator
- LXEC1112 – Malaysian Legal System
- LXEC1113 – Islamic Law I
- LXEC1114 – Constitutional Law
- LXEC1115 – Tort
- LXEC1116 – Law of Contract
- GXEX1415 – Ethnic Relations
- GXEX1416 – The Islamic and Asian Civilisation (TITAS)
Second year subjects
- LXEC2111 – Criminal Law
- LXEC2112 – Administrative Law
- LXEC2113 – Land Law
- LXEC2114 – Equity, Trust and Administration of Estates/Equity and Trust
- LXEC2115 – Family Law
Third year subjects
- LXEC3111 – Jurisprudence and Legal Theory
- LXEC3112 – Company Law
- LXEC3115 – An Introduction to International Law
Elective Papers (choose only 2)
- LXEC2312 – Islamic Law II
- LXEC2317 – Industrial Relations Law in Malaysia
- LXEC3312 – Insurance Law
- LXEC3313 – Commercial Transactions
- LXEC3314 – Employment Law
- LXEC3315 – Banking and Negotiable Instruments
- LXEC3316 – Dealings in Land and Law of Landlord and Tenant
(1) A pass grade in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examination or equivalent with credits in five (5) subjects, including:
(a) Bahasa Malaysia/Bahasa Melayu or Bahasa Malaysia/Bahasa Melayu (July examination) paper; and
(b) English Language and three other subjects, obtained at one sitting in the same examination
Pass grade in the Sijil Tinggi Pelajaran Malaysia (STPM) examination or equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00 and at least:
(a) Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in General Studies; and
(b) Grade C (CGPA 2.00) in two (2) other subjects.
obtained a pass in the Matriculation Ministry of Education (MOE)/Foundation Public Higher Education Institutions with a minimum CGPA of 2.00;
A Levels pass with at least grade C in three (3) subjects;
obtained a Diploma that is recognized by the Malaysian Government;
obtained a Degree or an equivalent qualification recognized by the Malaysian Government.
(2) In particular circumstances, mature candidates may be admitted into this programme subject to the following conditions:
At least five (5) years working experience in related fields
a pass grade in the Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) examination or equivalent with credits in three (3) subjects, including:
(a) Bahasa Malaysia/ Bahasa Melayu or Bahasa Malaysia/Bahasa Melayu (July examination) paper; and
(b) two other subjects, obtained at one sitting in the same examination.
candidates considered suitable and capable to enter into the programme by the Selection Committee.
(3) A candidate must obtain at least Band 4 in the Malaysian University English Test (MUET).
(4) Notwithstanding subrule (3) above, candidates must obtain Band 4 in MUET before completing 60 credits during the period of study. Candidates who have not obtained the prescribed level of MUET mentioned above will not be allowed to register for courses to complete the remaining credits.
Local : RM 10,000 to RM 14,000
Undergraduate International Fees (Click Here).
October every year.